Friday, July 26, 2013

PROJECT SIDE YARD AND A WINNER

So here's our plan for the side yard...

side yard

1.  We decided to replace the grass with concrete flooring to extend the basketball area.  (Grass is always patchy and not pretty).  
2.  We ordered a small 4x8 side shed for our lawn mower and snow blower(yes, it's a must in the Midwest!) to free up some garage space.  The shed is similar to the one above but in cream and dark brown to match our house.
3.  I like the idea of a fire pit table.  (Maybe a DIY or a freestanding one)
4.  I definitely want to update the patio set by painting and replacing the cushions.  I'm leaning towards orange-red/rust, tan and maybe navy just because I have those colors going on already in our backyard...


and I think the orange looks pretty against the stucco and brick of our house.

I'm undecided if I want to paint the set whitish and the cushions orange(with maybe contrasting piping)...



or  the other way around...


Asian Chairs by Dallas Furniture and Accessories Wisteria


and maybe add some navy pillows?...
Coastal Living


I'm loving this Waverly Sun N Shade Palm and Palace Fabric (and only $10.98 per yard!)..

Or shall I go bold with the cushions?

Palm and Palace also comes in  orange...

or Greek key...


Decisions, Decisions!!


And for the winner of the giveaway,
Congratulations to Kay!  Yay!


Thank you all for entering and for all your support!


Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Vel Criste said...

I personally love the blue waverly fabric, gorg! Your over-all plan looks wonderful, can't wait to see what you choose.I'm having lighting issues in my kitchen as well, check it out if you have the time. :-)

Unknown said...

I love that fabric!!! I say orange paint and navy fabric possibly... Hey, you can do a big punch of color out there away from the rest of your patio sets. I love what you found, they are awesome. Have fun!
xo
Nancy

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I like the blue and orange!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

I like the first fabric!! But they are all gorgeous! What a great score! Can't wait to see how i turns out!

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

I love it all. I vote for the orange paint even though white will be more flexible down the road.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails