Friday, June 21, 2013

LIFE ON INSTAGRAM, SOME CHANGES AROUND THE HOUSE

Sorry for the lack of posts lately.  It's just been crazy busy especially since the kids are off from school!

I do post frequently on Instagram though(follow me @mybestfriendcraig).  I celebrated my birthday last week and as a gift to myself I bought this burl coffee table from a local consigment store...

(It is not marked but I was told it came all the way from France. The storage underneath is a nice bonus!)

I love me some painted furniture but I am now striving to follow the "one piece of wood furniture per room" rule.   
(It instantly adds warmth to a space)

I've talked about replacing the chippendale bamboo chairs in our breakfast nook before.  My friend Erin(@egigliadesign) grabbed these Louis chairs for me...
(Love!  And no additional work to be done. Yes!
Natural wood in the kitchen, check!)

(oh, and if you are in the Milwaukee area and you are looking for Chippendale bamboo chairs,
email me or leave a message below)


I also scored this pagoda lamp...

brass elephant...


and faux bamboo mirror...
(there's more where this came from.  Next week I'll tell you what I've been really up to lately)


Have a great weekend!


*Do you Instagram?  Leave your username below so I can follow you!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You keep teasing us...what are you up to sweet lady? I can guess, but I want to know! I love that mirror!
Have a great weekend.
xo Nancy

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Happy Birthday! I love the bamboo mirror and your burl wood table.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

If only I had a trip planned up north I'd come swoop up those chairs ASAP. Why don't I have a private plane?! Hope day 2 of #pottytraining is going well.

LiveLaughDecorate said...

Such a tease....Happy belated birthday lady. How did I miss that on Instagram? Anywho, also love that elephant and coffee table.

Price Style & Design said...

As usual, you have scored swoon-worthy items -- I can't believe your good fortune! I'm envious!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!So many fun finds

Courtney@SDB said...

It's official, I'm obsessed with your house!

Kat said...

You have such gorgeous things! I love how you put a room together.

A Perfect Gray said...

happy birthday! you are a magnet for great things, aren't you. love the coffee table. just the right wood touch in your room.

you always inspire me.

would love your chairs if I lived closer...

are you opening a shop/space?

Tobe | BIA said...

happy belated!!!! those are some sic bday presents. i need some burl wood in my life. gorgeous coffee table!

Kelly @ Corner of Main said...

I love that elephant; so cool! Your living room is beautiful. I'm off to find you on instagram =)
~kellycornerofmain

mrs. V | Chez V said...

each score is better than the last! that burl coffee table is be-yond.

Meghan M. said...

Follow me at marymacvintage! Love your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails