Wednesday, March 13, 2013

HARDWOOD FLOOR RESURFACING

If you read our Apartment Therapy feature, you know that one of our my "biggest embarassments" is the condition our hardwood floors especially on the main floor.  They're in pretty bad shape - very dull,  a lot of water marks and decent amount of scratches.  I thought for sure we needed refinishing.  Then I came across
Fabulous Floors(through Living Social), a company who specializes in wood floor resurfacing. 
For those of you who are not familiar with wood resurfacing, it is basically buffing minor nicks and scratches without sanding away your wood.  It is less expensive(only 99cents/sq ft, additional coat is 50 cents/sq ft), time saving and dust free.  
We had ours done yesterday and we are very pleased with the result.  











(We opted for 2 coats of semi gloss polyurethane and it took him about 5 hours to finish all four rooms.  We were told not to step on them for 3-4 hours and to move the furniture back after 24 hours.)

If you are looking to restore your hardwood floors to their original luster(without changing the color of the stain),  I highly recommend floor resurfacing!

6 comments:

Vel Criste said...

Looks great Charmaine! we had ours re-surfaced too so I'm a bit familiar. Our floors were buckling with a lot of water damaged because it was foreclosed. We had it restained espresso and I love it!

Btw, did you know I forgot to get 2 more lids for my rescylcing bin from IKEA? ayun, naka-tambak sa garage! Hahaha! Kelan kaya ako makakabalik sa Chicago?

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

What a great idea. It looks beautiful my friend!! :)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I have never heard of this, but I need it badly! Thanks for the info. Your floors are really beautiful.

Unknown said...

What a huge impact! I love it and I need it in my kitchen. I thought you'd have to be off it for days...this looks wonderful C.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

LiveLaughDecorate said...

Never heard of this lady, but will definitely recommend to clients who have been wary of sanding hardwood floors for dust/cost reasons. Great tip. Thanks a million!

vacant interiors said...

Well done! Beautiful..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails