Friday, January 18, 2013

SHOPPING IN MANILA

There's no better way to fight off jet lag(14-hour time difference!)  than to go shopping with my sisters.

{This photo was taken from W17, a very chic asian furniture store
I got distracted from all the eye candy I only managed to take 2 photos}

Here is the other one.  A chinese chippendale chair made of shells...


We also went to Balikbayan Handicrafts(it is more of a souvenir, touristy store) but they had a lot of goodies too.

venetian mirror...


shell napkin rings...


 wooden elephants...



 capiz lotus candle holders in every color...


bamboo baskets...



and straw baskets...



Believe it or not, I didn't get a single thing.  (More stores to visit!)


We ended at my sisters' shop called Religioso (our maiden name, more on this later).  

{My sisters- Choc, Yvette and Me}

It sure is nice to be home.

Have a great weekend everyone!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you brought an extra suitcase! Wonderful shot of you and your lovely sisters, enjoy every minute with them!

Katie said...

Have a great trip, Charmaine!!

Kristen said...

Ok that Venetian mirror and those elephants need to be in my home asap! LOVE.

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

so glad you are safe and with your family!! Enjoy and relax!! I saw so many beauties there!! OMG

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That altar table reminds me of the one I found on CL. Is it too expensive to ship things back? Wow, what great stuff they have there.

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Oh it looks like you are having a great time. I see more elephants!!! Seriously...they are everywhere. - Brandy

Designwali said...

Wow looks like fun. What would we do without our sisters eh?

LiveLaughDecorate said...

Such great finds! nothing more fun that shopping with family who gets the same thrill outa shopping. Have a blast.

Vel Criste said...

I miss home so much and i love all the stuff there. It's ok not to get anythign from Balikbayan handicrafts, if you have time, go to Quiapo ilalim instead, same stuff, half the price! BTW, didn't know you guys own a store? Where? must visit when I go home. Enjoy!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Looks like fun. I don't think I could have resisted the elephants.

Mimi said...

Loving that venetian mirror. Visiting from My Crafty Home Life.

Unknown said...

wow! Philippines has a lot to showcase! its good artistic design in making handicrafts and furniture is one of the best. hope you had a good stay



online deals

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails