Friday, August 24, 2012

SCHOOL AND OFFICE

Did I tell you that I enrolled myself in Sheffield's School of  Interior Design?  I am pretty excited and nervous about it.
This is a 180 degree turn for me.  I majored in Pharmacy in college and went to Medical school after that.  I met Mark there.  We were actually in the same class.  Right after I took the board exam, I flew to NY where Mark is from, and got married and had kids.
I never really practiced Medicine though.  I tried, but my heart's not into it anymore. I don't think it ever was.
I know you guys might think I'm crazy but I have no regrets.  

 I am really passionate about interior design and this is what I love doing. I am lucky that Mark is very supportive of this.

I've gotten the first two units in the mail, but I haven't really had the chance to read them yet.
School starts in about a week for the kids... AND for ME!
Can't wait!

Anyway,  this made me want to have my own office space.  I'm sharing one right now with Mark(his man cave) and there's just not enough room for the both of us.

There's really no where for me to go.... but the basement. 

Here's my plan...



my office

Some of these I already own: the tulip chair, lucite chandelier and a parsons table that I am going to tweak.
I am still waiting to hear back from the seller about the bergere chairs.

What do you think?

Have a great weekend everyone!
Come back on  Monday and I am going to reveal the special news that I've been keeping from you for the last two months!




18 comments:

Designwali said...

I love it! Good for you on starting your interior design class. I have always wanted to as well....just no time!

Katharine said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting!!! I'm sure you will love it :)

Katharine
http://justsqueaks.blogspot.com

Cassie Bustamante said...

good for you! all the best!
and i love that fun rug. :)

Unknown said...

Charmaine, I am so excited for you! Great move, and you will LOVE it, seeing how passionate you are about Interior Design. I know you will do well. I love your office idea. Is this just your side or is Mark going to lose his cave? BEst of luck, I love the plan. Have a great weekend.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Erin said...

Congrats! Gosh I admire your leap so much. Very inspiring! I regret not studying graphic or interior design in college and often think about going back. Good for you! I did enroll in a photoshop workshop last week that begins in October, and inquired about a web development idea to launch a side business and enrolled in a 4 wk photography class yesterday that starts in September! Progress:)

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! Best of luck!

Trish @ PBucco@aol.com

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Congrats to you! Follow your heart...you clearly have a passion and knack for design so you can't go wrong! I am sure it won't even feel like school this time around!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

awwwwwwwwwww C - I'm so so happy and proud of you all at once! you're gonna do great things. is this all online or do you go to a school?!? BACKPACKSSSSSSS (target commercial) time!

and you know i love the new office idea. that will look HOT!

Tiffany Leigh said...

Charmaine! I am so happy for you and it's so good that you've decided to listen to your heart and pursue your dream. I know you will do amazing things. Congratulations on this big step (and excited to see your office come together).

Melissa Crochet @ The Insane Domain said...

So happy for you and I know you will do well. Life is to short not to pursue what you love.

LiveLaughDecorate said...

Wow. Thanks an awesome decision. If you had the balls for med school, you'll kick ass in design school for sure. Kudos to you for following your dreams.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Good for you! I went back to school (a long time ago) to finish my degree. When your heart is in it...it will be fun. I can't wait to hear about the secret news.

Grace Ng said...

Congratulations on making the big step. You will be fabulous - already without a degree in interior design and you are so amazing with your ideas. Can't wait to see what new ideas you will come up with as you go through your course.

Vel Criste said...

Wow!!! Good for you Charmaine! So proud of you for following your heart - yehey, I hope I can get a good rate for your services in the future (maybe even free?! hehehe!)! so love the plan, what's the color of your basment though? I'm seeing pink, orange and blue, is that your overall palette?

My Interior Life said...

Once again, so excited for you (I commented on your latest post). I just had to say, that lucite chandelier is exactly the one I want for my entryway. I'll need a big one (I can't tell how big this one is), so I keep trolling CL and thrift stores without much luck. One day. Good luck with your courses!

Anonymous said...

found your blog from the link off your Apt Therapy house tour :) -- I'm intrigued by your office mood board. Nice ideas! I'll be curious to see how you do the table -- it looks like Mughal bone inlaid style, yes?

lemondropdreams said...

I enrolled in Sheffield about a year ago...only two more lessons to go! I'm so excited about moving into this new chapter of life as I'm sure you are too...can't wait to hear some of your thoughts about their materials...I think it's been a while since they updated photos/dvd's! Good luck and congrats!!

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

congrats! I would love to hear what you think about the Sheffield course; I have been thinking of doing it myself. I think you will be fabulous at it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails