Thursday, July 26, 2012

GUEST POST: VEL FROM BUHAY AT BAHAY(LIFE AND HOME)


Hello everyone! My name is Vel. Like most of you I am a blogger too, my blog is called BUHAY AT BAHAY (Life & Home), and like most of you, I am a home decor/design "junkie". I am extremely honored and delighted that Charmaine has asked me to contribute an article for her wonderful blog - Thank you for the trust dear. And so let's get the ball rolling...

The first thing you see as you enter a lot of homes is an entry (naturally of course :-)).

And it is important that you try to make this space as welcoming as possible.

Think of it as a Book Cover - when you see a book, sometimes, you buy it just because the cover looks interesting right? Same thing with your home, the entry sort of pre-empts the anticipation of what's in store further inside. It gives your guests a glimpse of WHO lives thereWHAT they may be like and of course, tells them HOW welcome they are.

Here are a few examples of how you can create your own welcoming entry.




For small spaces - via Martha Stewart Living








Airy entry for a bigger home











Lastly, I cannot finish this article without mentioning our own entry.

Our eclectic entry - mix of old and new

up close and personal

So be playful, experiment and find out which look goes well for you and your family. I hope you are somehow inspired with these suggestions.

Happy Decorating!
P.S. If you want to read more about this post, hop on over to my blog and read it here. :-)

An entryway sets the tone for a home and these are all amazing!  Thank you so much for guest posting for me today, Vel!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Vel, and I loved looking at your home tour on your blog!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

An area I always struggle with. Thanks for all of the great inspiration Vel and I love your entry!!

Vel Criste said...

Thank you Nancy and Elizabeth!!!!! Hew, guest posting is nerve racking! I appreciate you guys making me at ease! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails