Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ENTRYWAY REDESIGN


                                    I have been wanting to redesign our entryway. 
                                 Here is what I have come up with...

entryway




                                 Currently, it looks like this...



                           






                          


























{I hate these tiles!}

  I think the black and white checkerboard flooring will add big impact to a rather small space.   I plan to use 12x12 granite or marble tiles from home depot.

With the exception of the fabric and tiles,  my goal for the entryway is to buy everything else second-hand (i.e.  craigslist, thrift shops, antique stores, etc)

I already own a similar settee that I am going to recover with the Nanjing fabric in Jade.

Then I need to buy:
a nice pagoda/ faux bamboo mirror
a vintage umbrella stand
a sputnik chandelier or similar
accesories

I also need to:
paint the walls white
and
paint the handrails black

I am pretty excited to get this project started!

What do you think?






6 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

The black and white tile is going to look awesome. And I'm in love with that fabric!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Hi. I came over from Abode Love. Your house is beautiful. You're style is amazing. I've been going through some of your older posts, and I'm just blown away by some of your projects. Following you now! Can't wait to see how you re-do your entryway (although I think it does look wonderful to start with)!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That's going to look so fresh...lots of work but the new flooring would be awesome. Love the light fixture and settee.
I'm here from Abode Love....great feature.

Erin said...

hi! I came across your blog from Abode Love and I am now reading through your archives. I love your design sense. I came across the post with the vintage finds, and see you live in Milwaukee! I live in the NW Chicago burbs. i'll have to take a trip up and visit that antique mall when I buy a house this spring. I don't have a blog {yet} but you can follow me on pinterest if you want!!
~ Erin

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/erincl/

Erin said...

Just discovered your blog today! Love your style. Can't wait to see what else you do!

http://leeanderin.blogspot.com/

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

Hiya! I just bid a fabulous brass umbrella stand for super cheap on eBay. Bet youll have no trouble finding one there ;)

Love the blog, I'm a newbia via Abode Love!

-Bethany from
www.powellbrowerhome.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails